Sunday, February 12, 2012

Cooking Sundays: Cooking to Knit By

Winter on the island can be cold, reclusive and just plain downright blehhhhh.

So. To jazz things up, I've decided to include a regular post challenge called Cooking Sunday.
Hopefully, I will be cooking my way through local cookbooks, so you can get a feel for what kinds of yummy, wonderfulness (is that a cooking term? I think it is now!) local cooks, chefs and establishments regularly feed the flock with.

This week, however,  I'm going to start off slowly, cooking-wise, with a good winter Sunday supper regular.
And bonus for you knitters out there - it's cooking you can knit by!

But really, you don't have to be a knitter to include this in your repertoire of good-tasting, easy-fixing go-to recipes.

Ta-Da!

Zesty Slow Cooker Chicken BBQ

6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1 (12 oz.) bottle Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce ( Honey Barbeque is one good option)
1/2 cup zesty Italian dressing
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
optional: 1/2 cup diced onion
optional: 1 tsp. liquid smoke

Servings/Yield: 6 servings

Place chicken in a slow cooker. In a bowl, mix the bbq sauce, Italian salad dressing, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over the chicken.

Cover, and cook 3-4 hours on High or 6-8 on Low. (You can also use fresh chicken breasts - just adjust the timing.)
Add buns, maybe some sliced cheese in there with the buns and voila!
Sunday Supper!

Adapted from an allrecipes.com recipe


Have a Good One on me. :)

4 comments:

  1. Well, I am getting a late start for slow cooking, but it may make for a delicious lunch! Thanks for inspiration for Sunday dinner. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, E. It got a 4 Thumbs Up around the Wheeler Compound, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, it does look lovely. Nice to see you posting again and I love food so I will be looking forward to this segment! 5 stars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simon, so lovely to see you! Being MIA takes me away from the most interesting people I know - a good reason to post regularly! Hoping I can keep up with the cooking, lol.

    ReplyDelete